Fever is often considered a worrisome symptom. The first mistake to make, however, would be to want to immediately “break” the fever, because the elevation of the body temperature is a natural defense reaction of the body.
A very large number of microorganisms cannot reproduce and multiply except at a certain temperature. A simple elevation of the body temperature alone is all that is needed for the reproduction to be slowed or hindered; this leaves time for the body to mobilize its other defenses.
So then, it is paradoxical to see certain doctors prescribe “antipyretic” drugs, (to make the fever drop) the most used of which is still aspirin, and deprive the sick organism of a natural system of defense.
Fever : a remedy for cancer
The rare cancer cases where healing took place unaided (1 case out of 90,000) always heal after an intense and prolonged fever which translates in the cellular milieu of the body as an acidosis (pH acid) of the area. Since fifty years ago, the use of major anti-infection medications (antibiotics) and antifebriles has eliminated these episodes of acidosis caused by the commonplace succession of febrile infections which affect us each year. The disappearance of these spontaneous episodes of acidosis participates in the growth of cancer.
- For the duration of the fever, so that the body doesn’t become dehydrated, it is recommended to abundantly drink herbal teas and vegetable juices (celery, cucumber) or fruit juices (orange, grapefruit, grape or raspberry).
- It is also necessary to stop all heavy, fatty foods, in particular dairy, fried food, and sauces. Give precedent to aliments rich in vitamin C and brass.
- Supplement your diet with wheat germ and brewers yeast, which are rich in group B vitamins and oligo-elements.
- Take royal jelly (or propolis).
- Eat a lot of garlic and onion.
- Add aromatic spices like thyme, cinnamon, basil, and oregano, which are known for their anti-infection action.
Baths and Frictions
A bath is also a simple manner of changing one’s temperature. One can use this method to obtain an effect of “pyrolisys.” One raises the temperature until it is almost unbearable, and then leaves the bath when one’s heart speeds up. This is the Salmanoff method, but it is not suggested for people with a risk of cardiac troubles.
It is equally possible to contain the fever with a tepid bath. The water temperature should also be slightly lower than the body temperature. You can add the equivalent of a soupspoon of a mix of essential oils to the bath: chamomile, ginger, juniper, sassafras (5 drops of each in 4 ounces of solubizing excipient). When leaving the bath, rub the body of the sick person with a mixture of ginger tincture (30 drops) and lemon, chamomile, and sassafras essential oils (12 drops of each) in a 4 ounce bottle of spirit of gentian.
A ton of remedies from phytotherapy
For the fever to be beneficial, it must always be kept under control (at about 102 degrees Fahrenheit). To make a high temperature drop, there is an arsenal of useful plants, which are easy-to-take as teas or decoctions. Here are two tea recipes that can be used:
Gentian and ginger
- Gentian root (75g)
- Ginger root (75g)
Boil a handful of this mixture in a pot of water for five minutes; then let it in infuse for five minutes. Take it 4 to 5 times a day for the duration of the fever; take about one teaspoon per cup of water.
Alder, oak and butterwort
Alder, oak and butterwort leaves in equal quantities (75g). One soup spoon of the mix per cup. Let it infuse for ten minutes. Drink three to four cups.
Three specific homeopathic remedies
Three homeopathic remedies exist specifically for fever.
- Aconitum napellus: the homeopathic medicine for the moment of infection to the very brutal installation, with dry, un-perspiring skin and intense agitation.
- Belladonna: the homeopathic medicine for the infectious state with high fever, agitation, intense thirst, spasms, violent delirium or exhaustion.
- Ferrum phosphoricum: the homeopathic medicine for a low fever, much exhaustion and a bloody nose (epistaxis).
Take four granules of one or more of these medicines in 5 CH, between meals, three or four times a day.
Oligo-elements and vitamins
- Add copper, as an oligo-element, alone or combined with silver and gold, taken three times a day for the first days, then twice a day for the duration of the infectious period.
Take vitamin C at the rate of one gram a day for an adult and half a gram for a child. Continue for about fifteen days.